Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:42:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Xi Liu <xliu99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is there a way to make the computer boot again with a possible corrupted gm drive

Hi Guys,

A power outage killed my FreeBSD 6.1 box which is
running on a mirror drive gm0 (consisting of two SATA
drive).

Not it does not boot.

The console screen reads like:

FreeBSD/i386 boot
Default: 0:ad(01,a)/boot/kernel/kernel
boot:

When I hit enter, it gives error as below:

FreeBSD/i386 boot
Default: 0:ad(01,a)/boot/kernel/kernel
boot: error 16 lba 207
No /boot/kernel/kernel

And the loopback to the following boot promp again,
FreeBSD/i386 boot
Default: 0:ad(01,a)/boot/kernel/kernel
boot:

There are some important date on the drive. I don't
want to lose them. At least I want to recover them.

Does anyone has similar experience or knows how to fix
it? Please advice.

Thanks,
Xi Liu

The fish are biting.