Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:11:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: migrating 2.1.7 -> 2.2: simple or hairy?

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Chris Coleman wrote:
>
> > Do you have to do a make install after a make world, or does make world
> > install the binaries.
>
> It implies a `make install' (actually, even more than once).  But it
> doesn't install anything at all in /etc, except i think the symlinks
> for /etc/rmt and /etc/termcap.
>
> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

What about the kernel, does sup install new kernel files?
New GENERIC, or LINT?

Does make world install a new GENERIC kernel?

Christopher J. Coleman (chris@aries.bb.cc.wa.us)
Computer Support Technician I  (509)-766-8873
Big Bend Community College  Internet Instructor
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://www.bb.cc.wa.us/~chris/book.html
I may Be inaffective, but atleast I am good at it.