Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 1995 09:23:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      billlee@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Tutorials--Linux versus FreeBSD for Newbies?

I'm not a computer newbie, but I am *very* much a UN*X newbie.  I've
installed FreeBSD 2.0 from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM and have been trying to
teach myself about it.  I'm finding it very slow going (still don't have X
running yet or any ordinary users defined...).  I bought "UNIX Unleased"
which seems a very good tutorial, but it's for another flavour of UNIX and
the differences with FreeBSD (especially in admin.) are enough to retard
my progress.  The FreeBSD man pages are some help, but they are very dense
for a newbie.

What I really need is a tutorial treatment of FreeBSD, but it seems this
doesn't exist.  At least that's my distinct impression of the responses I