Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 20:24:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        Joe Abley <jabley@patho.gen.nz>
Cc:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>, bright@wintelcom.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: downed IP addresses/redundancy

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Joe Abley wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 01:19:53AM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> > I'd be interested to know of a free implementation of VRRP for the BSD
> > network stack.
>
> I started to look at this a while back, but started to flounder when
> I looked for an existing interface to allow me to source frames on
> a local ethernet with a userland-specified MAC address.
>
> Actually, I think I looked on OpenBSD, and can't remember whether I
> looked on FreeBSD too. If anybody has a good idea about how to send
> and receive frames on a local ethernet interface using one of several
> possible local MAC addresses (most user-specified) I can probably
> resurrect the code.

Mhmmm... I'm using the code developed by Bill Paul, to change MAC address
via special ioctl. It works just fine for me.

	http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/setmac.tar.gz

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------