Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:09:04 -0700
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rl0 autoselect bug

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 12:32:38PM +0200, Justin Stanford wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed a problem on 10mbit networks with a NIC using the
> rl driver that fails to autoselect properly and uses 100mbit? I have two
> such cases on the same network, two different machines and FreeBSD
> versions (4.0-STABLE and 4.1.1-STABLE). I use ifconfig to force 10mbit.

Yes, I have noticed this on a RelTek 8129A which I'm ripping out this
afternoon because I received backordered Tulip based cards. The machine
in question was built Oct 16th (world, etc) and has been doing strange
things until I forced it to 10Mbps, the second nic in the box (which
happens to be a Tulip) works fine.