Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2019 15:05:01 +0100
From:      Kevin Smallman <pipeline79@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   build 32-bit binary on powerpc64

Hi,
There's one package I'd like to build in the ports tree that is 32-bit
only, but I'm running the 64-bit version of FreeBSD powerpc on my old
imac g5.  If I go to the port's directory and just do 'make install'
it naturally comes up with the error - 'This package is for i386 only,
you are running powerpc64'.
Interestingly, this program and it's dependencies - OLVWM/Xview, etc -
definitely are available for PowerPC 32 elsewhere, so I'm not sure
about the 'i386' part of that message.
I assume I could run a 32-bit powerpc binary because the 'choosing 32
or 64-bit powerpc' part of the wiki says so.
Is there some way I could tell the ports system to build this for
powerpc32 this one time? Or, failing that, grab a binary from
elsewhere and install it with pkg_add or similar?
I think I could find a NetBSD .tgz package for it, but would that work?

Kevin.