Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:19:09 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andy Newman <atrn@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What are the advantages of ELF kernels?

> There's definately an eerie connection somewhere.

(Note attempt to move this to chat)

I'm another who had an Amiga. Don't know about the rest of you but in
1986 (or whenever it was) I couldn't afford a Sun workstation at home
and the Amiga was about the closest thing to a Unix box I could afford.
Oh, and it could do graphics & sound better than anything else.

I think it's ironic that ten or more years ago we'd be using Unix at
work and at home people had lots of clunky machines running CP/M or
MS-DOS or OS/9 or TRS/DOS or whatever. The Amiga and some other systems
were almost okay. Now it's reversed for many people, they have (full
source) Unix systems at home and have to use these clunky PCs at work.
(I'm lucky enough to work on Unix systems 99% of the time).

--
AN