Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:00:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        David Larkin <David.Larkin@DJL.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD still on disk ? How to boot :- Booting Default: F?

	<snip error messages>

> My understanding of the above is limited, but I get the
> impression that my W95 (wd0) installation is gone, but my
> FreeBSD is still there in slice 4 of wd1.
>
> Based on the above information, can anyone confirm that
> my FreeBSD installation is still there, and that the challenge
> is how to boot it.
>
> F5 .... disk 2
> Default: F5
> F5 .... disk 2
> Default: F?

	Looks like Windows 95 corrupted itself and took the partions with
it. Your best bet would be to try to rebuild your partions using the
exact same parameters you had before. At least make sure your FreeBSD
partion is the same. Windows 95 will have to be reinstalled no matter
what. Well, that's not exactly true, it might be saved but it would be
best and far less time consuming to reinstall.

				Rick