Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 09:19:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha packages on fsarchive

On Tue, 23 May 2000, David O'Brien wrote:

# /pub/FreeBSD/ports/alpha/packages-4.0-release has newer packages than
# /pub/FreeBSD/ports/alpha/packages-current.
#
# Can the packages-4.0-release packages be copied into a
# "packages-5-current" directory and "packages-current" become a link to
# that directory?

I don't think this is necessary nor desired.  My Alpha box
has been building a new package set approx. every week since
I got it many months ago.  Every since the ftp bits were
moved off of ftp.freebsd.org I have not been able to upload
any new sets.  Despite repeated attempts to get an account
setup on the new box I have been unsuccessful.  If you could
help get my account setup, I'd be more than happy to go back
to uploading a new set of -current Alpha packages once a
week.

-steve