Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 15:10:58 -0700
From:      "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
To:        Manny Obrey <manny8383@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: socket programming, since the topic has come up

Manny,

There are a number of good books on the topic of network programming.
I recommend "UNIX Network Programming, Volume 1, 2nd Edition" by
W. Richard Stevens (ISBN: 013490012X).  If you are going to be doing
network programming in a Unix development envoronment, this book is
extremely useful.

-brian

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 02:16:33PM -0700, Manny Obrey wrote:

>   would any kind soul care to share w/ me how to send data out a particular
> nic. I'm doing socket programming and I'm not able to send
> outbound packets via the interface that I want. Can one use the 'bind'
> function to set the outbound nic (somehow)? should I be using raw sockets? I
> am hoping that I can do this w/o using libpcap ... which is where I'm headed
> next.
>
> any urls, points, suggestions would be helpful
> tks,
> manny

Brian O'Shea
boshea@ricochet.net