Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:24:26 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        nwhitehorn@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        mdf@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: arch-specific directories

In message: <20100614120141.3876ec6d@anacreon.physics.wisc.edu>
            Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@FreeBSD.org> writes:
: The larger scope of this is the work being done by M. Warner Losh (the
: "TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN must die" branch), which he is currently merging.
: This defines a new thing, MACHINE_CPUARCH, that would be 'powerpc',
: with MACHINE_ARCH values of 'powerpc' and 'powerpc64', and is what will
: allow sys/powerpc64 to disappear. I'm sure he can describe it in more
: detail.

I've started merging this stuff, but haven't finished yet..
MACHINE_CPUARCH is present, but I've not merged all the places that
are used...

Warner