Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 15:30:41 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   netstat kvm error

Argh..

  I'm tired of these netstat kvm error messages ->

  netstat: kvm_read: Bad address

  I get these when doing netstat on my main squid server. It starts looking
for DNS addresses, and the race conditions on the PCB list kvm reading gets
worse.

  What if the program first reads the kvm info, and only then do the DNS
resolution to get the real names ?  It's not a true solution, but at least
minimizes the race window.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br