Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:04:35 +0200
From:      peceka <peceka@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM x346 and IPMI (BMC)

Hi,

has anyone used IPMI (BMC) with x346 and FreeBSD successful?
Today i've configured with bmc_cfg.exe all BMC options and when server
is in DOS mode i can log in to it and reboot it. But when FBSD stand
up connection to BMC is lost.
In IBM help desk some technicans told me: "BMC works only on linux and
windows because on BSD IBM can't earn money". But i don't belive it,
i've searched google for IPMI for FBSD and found two projects:
1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipmi-bsd/ - but it stopped in July 18, 2=
002.
2. http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ - it looks like it stopped in
2004-10-25.

Or mabye there are some other project? If anybody of you uses IPMI on
FBSD please share your knowledge.

Or mabye there is something else which can help me if system hangs to
reboot machine.

Best Regards,
p.