Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:42:31 +0100
From:      "Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen" <ncbp@bank-pedersen.dk>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What laptop should I buy?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 05:18:22PM -0500, Brandon Martus wrote:

> I won a Compaq Presario 1685 in December.
> I finally got around to putting FreeBSD 4.0 on it.
>
> Problems ever since.
> I would suggest not getting a Compaq.

Depends.
Maybe I'm just having luck with my Armada7792DMT (kinda old, I know, but
it does the job).  X, network, serial, internal modem and sound all
works on -current (and 4.0-RELEASE).
I'm not saying that recent Compaqs work with FreeBSD (haven't tried
any), but I guess its more a question of model than vendor.

> Brandon Martus

/Niels Chr.

--
 Niels Christian Bank-Pedersen, NCB1-RIPE.
 Network Manager, Tele Danmark NET, IP-section.

 "Hey, are any of you guys out there actually *using* RFC 2549?"