Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:44:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proliant 380 G4

Palle Girgensohn <girgen@freebsd.org> wrote:
 > Just a quick check - a client is getting a Proliant 380 G4 with a "6i" Raid
 > controller. Haven't used this hardware before. Will it work fine with
 > FreeBSD? Which version will work best, 5.4 or 4.11? Any peculiarities or
 > things to think about?
 >
 > Any input appreciated!

It's not supported under 4.x:

pci2: <unknown card> (vendor=0x0e11, dev=0x0046) at 1.0 irq 5

At a customer of ours we're currently forced to run Linux
on the newer Proliants because of that problem (FreeBSD
5.x is currently not an option for that customer).

Best regards
   Oliver

"[...]  one observation we can make here is that Python makes
an excellent pseudocoding language, with the wonderful attribute
that it can actually be executed."  --  Bruce Eckel