Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:26:20 -0500
From:      "Jim Barrett" <info@weny.com>
To:        hostmaster@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Mirrors

There seems to be a problem with the US mirror sites for FreeBSD. In the
past, I have found them to be quite reliable - but that no longer seems to
be the case.

ftp 4, 5 and 6 are off-line completely. I'm getting DNS look-up failures on
these three sites from 4 different ISP's.

ftp 2 and 3 are on-line, but neither is complete. ftp2 has the base
installation binaries for 2.2.5-RELEASE, but lacks the XFree86-3.3.1
distribution.

ftp3 does not have 2.2.5-RELEASE at all... it appears that there have been
no file updates at this site since Sept 30th.

Any word on when (or if) ftp 4 5 or 6 will return to active status?

Regards,

Jim Barrett

info@weny.com