Date:      Thu, 6 May 2010 21:36:33 +1000
From:      John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster stopped finding dependent ports if non-standard PORTSDIR

--Mjqg7Yu+0hL22rav

On Wed, 05 May 2010, 23:13 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 5/5/2010 6:58 PM, John Marshall wrote:
> > Yesterday I updated ports on my notebook (8.0-RELEASE-p2), took a deep
> > breath, used portmaster to upgrade xorg to 7.5 (portmaster -D xorg-7.4_=
4)
> > - ran without a hitch.
> >=20
> > Then, I upgraded portmaster (portmaster -D portmaster) - also no
> > problems.
>=20
> Both good news. :) Although generally you should update a new portmaster
> version first before upgrading other stuff ...

I "always" upgrade portmaster first.  This time the list of update
candidates was several screens long: I knew upgrading xorg would clear
most of that and didn't discover that portmaster was in the list until
then.  I'm really glad I didn't upgrade portmaster first this time :-)

> > Then, I tried to upgrade jpeg...
> >=20

> So a couple of questions. What does:
> make BEFOREPORTMK=3Dbpm -f/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk -V PORTSDIR

/build/ports

> return? And do you have an actual /usr/ports directory on the box where
> PORTSDIR is supposed to be /build/ports? If the answer to the first

No, but (as shown in my OP) /usr/ports is a softlink to /build/ports.

> Then send me the log.

<http://www.riverwillow.net.au/~john/pm/pm225.txt>;

Thanks for looking at this.

--=20