Date:      20 Jan 2003 17:13:33 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        andy@leonidae.org
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem: Galeon2 spawning mutiple times on startup...

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 11:13, Andy Akins wrote:
> Hello everyone. I have a small problem. I've tried looking on the
> www.freebsd.org/gnome site, the Galeon site, and searching google, but
> I've had no luck.
>
> I've installed FreeBSD 4.7 on my Athlon. Then I CVSUP'd ports and
> source, with my source coming from STABLE. I rebuilt the kernel, then
> installed Gnome2 and Gnome2-Fifth-Toe from ports.
>
> Everything built fine. I tweaked my XF86Config to put 100dpi fonts
> first, set my .xinitrc to export GDK_USE_XFT=1 and start
> gnome-session...and then tried to run stuff.
>
> Gnome starts up great. Most apps work perfectly. Galleon, however, seems
> to have a problem. I click on the menu item, and the program
> begins...and begins...and begins...it keeps repeatedly spawning Galleon
> windows.
>
> Anyone else have this problem? Can anyone point me to a solution
> somewhere?

I have not seen this in my setup, but admittedly, I am running Galeon
1.3.1 with Mozilla 1.2.1 (it's coming to the ports tree probably
tomorrow).  However, even when I was testing Galeon 1.3.0 a while ago, I
don't remember this happening.

Is this a new user using Galeon for the first time, or do you have old
1.2.x prefs?  If you type "galeon" from a shell prompt, do you get the
same behavior?

Joe