Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:46:31 -0500
From:      "John Margaritis" <ioannis@widow.aracnet.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   IDE drives and FreeBSD

Can FreeBSD be installed on an IDE hard drive that is setup with LBA
goemetry?

I am a computer technician, and I noticed that in the BIOS setup
(primarily the Award BIOS), it has a message at the bottom saying:

"Hard drive should be set to 'normal' for UNIX "

as opposed to large, or LBA, in the HDD setup section.

Also, I'm considering using my older quantum fireball SCSI HD for
my FBSD system.  Are there any advantages to this (performance,
speed)?

Any help would be appreciated.

John Margaritis; ioannis@aracnet.net
University of Toronto; Faculty of Arts & Science
b250marg@cquest.utoronto.ca