Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 13:07:35 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make package dependencies thrash

Someone updating blt! COOL! BTW, blt-2.1 is out...

On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Chris Timmons wrote:

> I've got my first attempt at a port working correctly with the exception
> of the 'make package' and have tried to resolve this by searching the mail
> archives and reading the handbook.  If it is there I am not seeing it :)
> (yes, I know we have an earlier port of BLT; I am doing this purely to
> punish myself :)
>
> I have the following dependencies, which are correctly searched for and
> found when the port is doing 'make install':
>

> LIB_DEPENDS=    tcl74\\.1\\.:${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl \
> 		tk40\\.1\\.:${PORTSDIR}/x11/tk

So it depends on tcl7.4 and tk4.0? Your dependency lines are incorrect -
make them to be:

LIB_DEPENDS=	tcl74\\.1\\.:${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl74 \
		tk40.\\1.\\.:${PORTSDIR}/x11/tk4

And you have got to have these directories with the makefiles...

It should help.

	Sander