Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 14:39:21 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        "Boris B. Samorodov" <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Broken final script in defaults/rc.conf?

"Boris B. Samorodov" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE:
> Cvsup'ed today evening + make world + mergemaster = subj?
>
> Final scripting in /etc/default/rc.conf was changed. As a result
> we have /etc/rc.conf & /etc/rc.conf.local that are not processed.
> Am I right?

	Well, it's been working with the most recent changes for a month in
5.0-Current, so I suspect that something in your situation is different
from the majority. First, try cvsup'ing and running mergemaster again to
see if anything is different. It's possible that you updated your source
at a time period when not all of the relevant files in rc-land had been
updated.

> btw in my case I changed default script and all works fine.

	If that doesn't work, please send me a copy of your
/etc/defaults/rc.conf, and your /etc/rc.conf[.local] scripts. I wrote
the new code for sourcing the rc.conf's, so I may be able to spot the
problem. You could also send them to the list if you're more comfortable
with that.

Good luck,

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire