Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_3_3_0_RELEASE ?

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>> Jordan, maybe you should add this to your list of things to be done
>> at release time.  It gets us every time.
>
> OK, this is the first I've really heard of a val-tags list. :)

Sorry, I thought you knew about it.  It's a file in
${CVSROOT}/CVSROOT.  It contains a line for every tag that anybody has
ever tried to check out, with a "y" or "n" to indicate whether the tag
is valid.  Normally CVS updates it automatically.  But with anonymous
CVS, the server doesn't have the right permissions to do that.  So the
error occurs.

The format of the file is obvious once you look at it.  Just add a
line for the new tag when you lay it down.

John
---
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron