Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:51:52 -0400
From:      Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Goofed up X-Install

Hi everyone.  I think I screwed up my X-Windows install and need a hand
fixing it.  I figured that since the ports collection installs all
pre-reqs for you, if I went to /usr/ports/x11/kde3 and ran make, it
would put in everything I need...man was I wrong. When I run "startx", I
get and error that it can't find xinit, and when I try running "XFree86
-configure", it can't find it.  Anyone know how/what I have to install
to recover from this?  I assume I probably can just run a make on
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86, but I don't want to make a bad situation worse.

Thanks,
--Brian