Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 1997 14:05:37 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, proff@suburbia.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internal clock

> Frankly, I don't care about persistance other than the default
> permission, which should be set correctly already so that most
> everyone besides me doesn't care about persistance either.

Coming from the guy who constantly exhorts us to remain *programmer
interface* compatible, much less user compatible, with everything, I
find this to be a rather blatant instance of holding firm principles
only for as long as they suit the purposes of the arguments you're
trying to advance, to be quickly discarded the moment they work
against you.  I expected better from you, Terry. :-)

> As far as putting code into rc.local & rc.shutdown: why doesn't that
> count as transparent?  Because we can't upgrade the rc scripts out

Because it's not.  It's not even close.

						Jordan