Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:29:57 +0400
From:      "Nick Borisov" <neiro21@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: memory pages nulling when releasing

2006/6/19, R. B. Riddick <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>:
> But if a bad guy has already root access it does not really matter,
> (aa) if he has to wait for some minutes or hours,
> or
> (bb) if he has just a small time window
> or
> (cc) if he can immediately start with scanning for secrets in /dev/mem.

I would argue about this. Allowing an intrunder to deal with your
system even one extra minute may lead to tremendous losses depending
on what kind of data your system operates with.
As Dan mentioned, the cost of data defines means of security you
should use to protect it.

As for standards, they are Russian national governmental ones appliyng
to computer systems that operate confidential, secret and more
sensitive data.