Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:27:34 +0200
From:      Thomas Stratmann <thomas.stratmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   dumb console in single user mode

Hi everyone,

sorry, dumb (literally!) question. I need a comfortable console at
startup in single user mode (one which allows the use of arrow keys,
otherwise less/more is hellish). Console cut and paste also doesn't
work, even with moused running (I ran rc.i386, after importing
variables, thus

cd /etc
. defaults/rc.conf
. rc.conf
. rc.i386

which sets the correct keymap and starts moused).
Initially I have $TERM = dumb, setting TERM=cons25 (the entry in
/etc/ttys) won't do it.
Probably I just forgot to run the right daemon or something...

Any idea?

Thanks
Thomas