Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:09:01 -0800
From:      Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
To:        David Dooley <dpd@raffles-it.com>
Cc:        freebsd-Mobile@FreeBSD.ORG

I had this same of situation.  I simply have my pccard.conf file do
this:

card "Cisco System" "340 Series Wireless LAN Adapter"
	config 0x5 "an" 7
	insert /sbin/ifconfig an0 up
	insert /usr/local/sbin/wavelan-config an0
	insert /etc/pccard_ether $device
	remove /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

and then my /usr/local/sbin/wavelan-config script can select the
correct configuration to use based on contents of a file specifying my
location, etc.  (Currently, I simply comment out the lines I don't
want and include the ones I do.)  This means I don't have to change my
pccard.conf file and restart pccardd every time I move to another
location.

/raj