Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:15:18 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        postmaster@minjust.gov.ua
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Tecra 8000 internal modem trouble.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 05:02:12PM +0300, Igor Karpov wrote:
> I'm trying to make FreeBSD 4.6.2 to use internal modem on Toshiba Tecra 8000
> - with no success yet.
> I'm not sure that this modem is supported with ltmdm-1.4 (from ports). Howev,
> this modem is working under W2K.

The device 0:9:0 is actually seen by the kernel as chip2. The kernel seems
to think it's a FIR IrDA controller, according to your dmesg. Are you sure
this is the right chip?

http://www.yourvote.com/pci/pciread.asp?venid=0x1179 suggests it isn't a modem.

COM3 on Win2k in this case is a software device, not a real hardware serial
port. Try grabbing PCITool from the Windows 2000 Device Driver Development
Kit and verifying exactly which PCI device the Windows Lucent driver is
binding to, because I can't see anything that looks modem-like in your
pcitweak output. It's possible that the motherboard drivers for this thing,
if any, or the BIOS, could be hiding the modem device.

BMS