Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 1995 16:17:46 -0600
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Alex

All the discussion about FTP file systems has gotten me to get off my duff and
try and install Alex on my box. It's not going well. It looks like it's
actually trying to get the files (I get a lot of modem activity) but then it
turns around and gives me a stale NFS file handle. Looking at the log files it
looks like it's timing out on the open and punting, then when I try to access
the same file again it sees part of the information there and blows out.

Has anyone got this working under FreeBSD? It's got some ifdefs for NetBSD.