Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:32:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        perhaps@yes.no (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, jamie@itribe.net, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

> The universe is the way it is because we're here to see it; just
> consider all universes as existing.  The 'all combinations exists'
> version is for me a rather small leap of faith after accepting that
> something can be infinite (which is the really difficult hurdle :-)

	ah...the anthropic principle.

	martin gardner wrote elquently about the anthropic principle,
	in its varous statements.

	the Weak Anthropic Principle			WAP
	the Strong Anthropic Principle			SAP
	the P(dont remenber) Anthropic Principle 	PAP

	all of which are subject to the
	Completely Ridiculous Anthropic Principle	CRAP.

	;)
jmb