Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 18:23:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      root@biblioteca.campus.unal.edu.co
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MH mail: part II

Hi,
I was out of the network for some time, and couldn`t reply against all
(correctly argumented) comentaries against MH.

I will be honest: I don`t like, or even use the MH package, in fact I
don`t consider it an application by itself.
The main reason I proposed it included is that it is a nonsense to
install xmh to find out it won`t run unless you add the mh package.
It should be an OPTION, right from the start. Even more, it is documented
in the original BSD manuals.

There is a filosofical problem involved, what kind of system should
FreeBSD be? A system that runs by default all the traditional UNIX
(including MH), or a linuxed version of that old UNIX. (Don`t feel
offended, I like Linux, and it definitely is an example to be followed).

The answer, very probably is something in between, but the controversy
over the inclusion of MH must be left open.

regards,

Pedro.