Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:35:35 +0200
From:      Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
To:        Takashi Okumura <taka@cs.pitt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rate Limiting Per-Socket

Takashi Okumura wrote:

> so, if you know any japanese friend, or if there are japanese-speaking
> subscriber in the mailing list, we would really appreciate your help.
> (we may even support the activities financially, this year). that way,
> we would be able to provide the community much more information about our
> efforts. if the topic is beyond scope of the ML, i sincerely apologize for
> the inappropriateness, and may move to our sf.net BBS, or to netnice
> developer's ML.
>
>         http://sourceforge.net/projects/netnice/
>
> i would appreciate any suggestions, comments, feedback, etc.

I haven't looked at the code.  Although my question is why do you use
the proc interface?  Can't you make netnice use the socket options
interface to configure the bandwidth limiting?  Honestly I think this
would be much more natural for the task at hand (limiting connections
from the application).

--
Andre