Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:04:06 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: options

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:47:21 +0000
Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org> wrote:

> I've been looking for info that certain ports use to store options ... I
> have looked in the porters handbook andthe general handbook, no joy, and
> yet I know that there are some ports that do no store their options in
> cookie files, or in the environment.  There's some sort of data base,
> something in /var/run, or something like that.

	/var/db/ports

> Can I get pointed at that code?  It doesn't seem to be documented
> anywhere I can find.  The reason I care is, it doesn't seem to be
> cleaned out by 'make clean', and while I think that's VERY wrong, I need
> to know how to reset this options.

>From /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk :

# config    - Configure options for this port (using ${DIALOG}).
#         Automatically run prior to extract, patch, configure, build,
#         install, and package.
# config-recursive
#       - Configure options for this port for this port and all dependencies.
# showconfig  - Display options config for this port.
# rmconfig    - Remove the options config for this port.
# rmconfig-recursive
#       - Remove the options config for this port and all dependencies.

> If necessary, I can go looing for an example, but I don't ahve one at
> hand right now.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Best regards,

Randy