Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 15:57:19 +0100
From:      "Berend de Boer" <berend@pobox.com>
To:        "'Chris Silva'" <ras@interaccess.com>, "Freebsd-Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Upgrade from 2.2.8 --> 3.0

> 	What's the proper way, and or the easiest way to upgrade from
> my 2.2.8 to the release of 3.0 in Jan?

Upgrading from 2.2.x to 3.0 is a hell of a job because of the switch to
.elf. But if you don't have X I suggest you to try out the upgrade option in
the menu presented to you by the install program on the cdrom.

However your /etc directory isn't completely upgraded so bring in every
change in /etc/upgrade as well, especially the stuff in rc and rc.conf.

Groetjes,

Berend.