Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:48:53 -0400
From:      dave@hawk-systems.com (Dave)
To:        "Tom ONeil" <tom.oneil@tacni.com>, "Free" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Frontpage Extensions - security and reliability assessment

> FWIW - we gave up on FP on FreeBSD and put in a Win2K server. Making FP
>work on unix felt.... dirty, somehow.

I know, but I feel the same way about putting a Win2k server on our network...
what do you do, offer a Network SLA and then a Win2k Server SLA to differentiate
reliability and security :(

At the same time I get about as much a feeling of "stability" from the frontpage
extensions for *nix as I do from a Win2k server...  needless to say that isn't
great.

> We have enough call for other M$ stuff that it became worth it to have
>a separate machine.

We have not as of yet...  pushing the FBSD/Cisco/Redundancy aspect of things as
our "thing" and have been gracefully outsourcing or passing on the few customers
who were dying to work with FP or services on Win platform.

Any positive solutions or feedback from anyone using frontpage extensions on
FreeBSD/Apache?