Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 14:48:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      z_keithd@TITAN.SFASU.EDU
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange syslog error messages on console

Ok...this is a strange problem on my FreeBSD-2.2.2-RELEASE system.

Every so often i get a syslog message come across the console.  Since only I
have access to the console this is ok and on occasion I like to see when
someone does something bad...etc.  Anyways here's the message.

Jul 12 xx:xx:xx yoda login: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

And one that I've got to look into since I wasn't here and noone else has yet
to get their account on the machine...

Jul 12 03:36:42 yoda inetd[4192]: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

I would assume someone early in the morning saw a post of mine about a new
system and tried to see if I had set a new password, because there was another
earlier at 2 a.m. as well.  I had logged out of everything here at 8:00 p.m.
*ponder*

Anyways, if someone could tell me what the login_getclass message means that'd
be really handy.

David
z_keithd@titan.sfasu.edu