Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:06:52 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mill@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.org>, Mikhail Teterin <mi+mill@aldan.algebra.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, ache@FreeBSD.ORG, cokane@FreeBSD.ORG,  mezz@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APNG patch for graphics/png port

Sent by Jeremy Lea:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 03:10:59PM -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
>
>> Personally, I think, I'm in favor of the last approach, at least for
>> now that animated PNG (APNG) content is non-existent anyway
>>

> Except for many of the chrome icons in firefox, etc.  i.e. doing this
> with break firefox.
Was not one of the advantages of APNG the fact, that a non-Animated PNG
reader will still show the first frame of the animation? In that case,
the icons will simply be non-animated...
> Do number one - link mozilla apps against their own
> static libpng.  It really isn't that much space, and the mozilla build
> works that way by default.

I think, I listed an argument against this. The security one. It is also
"not right" technically -- we aren't building the bundled libz, libbz2,
nspr, etc. for a good reason...

    -mi