Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 02:03:08 +0100
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Shared Libraries and debugging

As John Polstra wrote:

> > I usually set a breakpoint at main(), run it till there, and then
> > voila!, you can also specify breakpoints at shared lib functions...
>
> But he was asking about core dumps.  And he's right, it doesn't work.

I missed this detail, but i think the same trick did work for me by
accident.  Probably, i was just lucky enough that subsequential runs
of the same program caused the same mappings.  Since running a program
until the entry of main() causes all the (default) shared libs to be
mapped, i've got something that could be used even with a coredump.

--
cheers, J"org