Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:58:08 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, itojun@iijlab.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will FreeBSD ever see native IPv6 ??

> various researchers and early-adopters, all of which can go to the
> KAME site and grab the patches to 3.2-stable if they want to play now,
> today.  If we haven't done a good enough job of making that clear and
> are suffering from defections to other *BSDs because of this, then we
> just need to get the word out better. :-)

Since KAME is probably closest to unified, I think we need to point
people to the "offical" IPv6 patch set.  The problem is the IPv6 wanting
user does not know which of the available stacks to go with.  It is easy
to feel one would have to download 3 different stacks and experiement
with all to determine which one works well.

Lets help these people out.  How about adding this to 3.3's RELEASE notes
and a pointer from our website?  (maybe also
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html)

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)