Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:21:23 +0100
From:      Nick Jones <nick@freebsd.cx>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha 164lx with Matrox

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:40:33 -0300, Paulo Fragoso wrote:
> We have four Alpha 164lx with Matrox Millennium Video Card, we are
> trying to use FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE, all works fine but when XFree 4 (with
> mga driver) is started all system freezes and reboot after some seconds.
> Anything is logged with mga driver.

FWIW, I'm seeing the same results with a Matrox Millennium II on a Compaq
Alpha XPS1000 Workstation running -CURRENT (from about two weeks ago).

The machine doesn't reboot however, but a local freeze is apparent.  I can
login remotely and kill the X process (which sits there and chews processor
cycles) resulting in me then locally being dropped back to the console.

--

/Nick