Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:37:51 +0100
From:      "Ian Sinclair" <ian@sinclairassoc.force9.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Network Interface Card

I have just installed FreeBSD3.1 with Apache web server and now want to
network the machine to a number of Win98 machines using Samba. Before I rush
out an buy NICs and a hub can anyone recommend a good supported 100Mb
network card/system?

I am considering either the 3com 3C905B or the Intel EtherExpress Pro 100
PCI cards. Has anyone had problems with these?

Alternative suggestions welcome before I part with the money.

Thanks.