Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:38:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mikem <mike_makonnen@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to automatically pass input to interactive commands

Hi,

I want to be able to run some interactive scripts
and programs from a script. How can I do that.

For example: the XFree86 port. It requires that you
answer some questions before it installs. What I would
like is to be able to start a script and walk away
from the computer. The script will run make and
answer any questions (the answers to the questions
will already be somewhere in my script) that the
installation script asks. So, when I come back a few
hours later XFree86 is compiled and ready to go.

I'm sure there must be some answer to this. I just
haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks,
Mike