Date:      Fri, 7 May 2004 14:15:24 -0700
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
Cc:        daniel@roe.ch
Subject:    Re: gnuplot update: almost ready but ... how to deal with autotools?

As I have previously stated, time and time and time again on the ports@=20=

mailing list, I am waiting on a major update to bsd.autotools.mk, with=20=

widespread changes across the entire ports tree.

This takes time to test, and is not likely to happen until (a) 4.10-REL=20=

is out the door and (b) I get some quality time with bento and its=20
4-exp package run.

User-created symlinks are absolutely NOT the way to go, you WILL hose=20
your system eventually, and is COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED.

I suggest that you hold off on this update until the next round of=20
autotools updates are completed, when autoconf259 and automake18 will=20
be available via the normal autotools Makefile-knobs.

-aDe

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-April/011943.html