Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 1995 20:34:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        chrisc@mail.bbcc.ctc.edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ram Memory

On Sat, 25 Nov 1995, David Greenman wrote:

> >How Much memory Can FreeBSD support,  I currently have 98 Meg of Ram in my Penti
> >um 133, and i don't know if it is supporting all of it.
> >
> >Is there somthing I can configure in the kernel.   It seems to be only using 64Meg of memory.
>
>    You need to add:
>
> options "MAXMEM=<n>"
>

> ...where <n> is the number of Kbytes of memory. 98304, for example, should be
> the correct value for your machine.

	Wait...it doesn't automatically detect and use all available
memory?

Marc G. Fournier |  POP/IMAP Mail  Telnet Access
scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   DNS Hosting   | Knowledge,
 soon to be:     |                               | Information and
scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org      | Communications, Inc