Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:19:53 -0800
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Pi3 vchiq driver?

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) wrote:
> I assume this will provide the audio service (which is currently not
> available) on the Pi3.
>
> Attempting to include it results in a handful of compilation errors.
> They'd be easy to fix for the instant case but generalizing them so they
> ALSO compile on the Pi2 would likely be a good idea, and I'm
> less-certain on the "right" way to do that.
... skipped ...
> Guidance?

VCHI driver is designed for 32-bit system. It passes pointers as opaque
values to VideoCore and expectes them mirrored back and reused as
pointers. This is not going to work on 64-bit system. It can be fixed
but it's not a matter of adding more #ifdefs some additional logic
required. There is also a matter of userland-facing API which is not
relevant for audio driver but relevant for OpenGL and other parts of
raspberrypi-userland port.

I have some work in progress but it's far from proper state.

--
gonzo