Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:11:15 -0500
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@panda.FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, kevlo@FreeBSD.ORG, jmz@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kdesupport2 fails to compile on 4.2-STABLE ...

Hi,
I am wondering if you just want to use kde2. I have installed them both (kde11 and kde2) from /usr/ports/x11/kd*. However there is a certain order you must do. For the life of me I can't remember. I do know you need to install kde11 (i think you start at libs then base)but my problem was with Kmail and the way (or lack of) it handles gnupg.

So I took a different route. /stand/sysinstall and went to options to change to RELEASE from STABLE then to Xconfig and did the kde. Next i went into packages and into KDE and selected kde2 and it places an x on the dependencies.

Hope that provides a solution for you.

Lanny

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 11:22:45AM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Will Andrews wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:12:08AM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > > from what I can tell right now, the problem is in either 4.2-STABLE *or*
> > > the XF-4.0.2 port ... I just wiped out everything, so that I'm startign
> > > with a clean slate (rm -rf /usr/X11R6 /usr/local) and can't get
> > > XFree-4.0.2 to install now without pthread errors ...
> >
> > The problem with QT/KDE is a result of the fact that X402 now builds GL
> > with threads.  If X402 is not building anymore, that's a new problem and
> > should be taken up with Jean-Marc.
>
> Here's what my suspicion is right now ... recently, I reported a problem
> where KDE (from CVS) wouldn't compile due to mcopidl SegFault'ng ...
> someone answered back that there is a problem with -pthread in -current
> *AND* -stable ... I'm wondering if this is the same thing creeping in?  Or
> "something completely different"?
>
> Jean-Marc?
>
> I'm running the latest -STABLE on this machine ... as of yesterday, and am
> just about to update it again based on changes since, just in case I'm
> right and its been fixed ...

Lanny Baron
Proud to be 100% FreeBSD
FreeBSD Systems, Inc; Freedom Technologies Corp.
http://www.FreeBSDsystems.COM
1.877.963.1900