Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:32:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Rbi <rbi@techzone.cx>
To:        big-sky@altavista.net
Cc:        Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: colorls question

Mark,

I ran in to the same problem. Here is what I did :

- Renamed the original "ls" to "ls-org". Then renamed colorls to "ls".
I then created a shell alias for "ls" that excutes the switches you
might want.( example - alias ls="ls -GAFT" )
I don't know how safe this is but it's been workin for me for a while. If
anybody know of a reason I shouldn't do this let me know !

I guess you could just create an shell alias for "ls" that uses colorls
and it's switches. ( example - alias ls="colorls -GAFT)

Good luck....

rbi@techzone.cx

http://www.freebsd.org
The Power to Serve.