Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:34:47 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Dorian_B=FCttner?= <dorian.buettner@gmx.de>
To:        muc-lists-freebsd-stable@moderators.muc.de
Subject:   Re: AW: Slow Network with rl0 and 5.3

> EVERYBODY: Could you please check if you have a rl(4) driven NIC and check if
> you experienced a speed degradation as well.  Please let me know either way
> with information about the chipset on your NIC.  Thanks!

Hi,
I'm using several 8139 NICs, all of them do good :)
since 5.3 I'm every now and then having some "...discarding oversize
packet frame...1542..." (something similar) on the console but some
serious downspeed hasn't bothered my notice yet.
If you need some details or so let me know by cc please, I'm not reading
this group on a very regular basis.

Regards,
Dorian