Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 1995 00:06:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        gryphon@healer.com (Coranth Gryphon)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

> For example "rc.3" is a file for run-level (or run-state) 3
> that describes what gets run and what doesn't. Which means all we've
> done is make more copies of "rc.local". Nevermind.
>
> We've gone full spiral. Let's start over.

rc.3 on most SysV machines is just a script that goes through
rc3.d starting and stopping stuff via the S* and K* scripts.

Bill
 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter        | The postmaster always pings twice.
 Lakewood MicroSystems               | 17 Meredith Drive,
 908-389-3592                        | Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
 pechter@shell.monmouth.com          |