Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:51:01 +0100
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@svenskabutiker.se>
To:        Alan Clegg <abc@firehouse.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mod_ssl port

Alan Clegg wrote:

> Are there any plans to create a "mod_ssl" only port?  I'm having a bitch of
> a time getting apache13-fp and apache13-modssl to play nicely together.
>
> AlanC

You have to compile in the mod_frontpage manuallay after having built
apache+mod_ssl and add -DEAPI to CFLAGS IIRC.

MS (RtR software) have decided in their infinite wisdom to add members to the
request record to support frontpage. This makes your apache totally incompatible
with any module not compiled at the same time as apache_fp (or as a DSO with
apxs later).

Have a look at the Improved mod_frontpage Homepage
http://home.edo.uni-dortmund.de/~chripo/

For a mod_frontpage that seems more willing to cooperate with the rest of
the world. This module also refuses to run if your file permissions are set
in an insecure way i.e. as they are after you've installed the frontpage
tarball.

Microsoft have a native freebsd compiled fp tarball available now so there
should be no reason to use the bsdi one any more.

Note I haven't tested the above very much I'm instead considering dumping
all our support for frontpage, program they never seem to get right anyway.

	/Martin
--
Martin Nilsson M.Sc. CS&E
Svenska Butiker AB,